Wraparound Certification is available through the National Wraparound Institute, a four-day training program consisting of two tracks including:
- Competency Based Practitioner Certification (for those seeking credentials as a wraparound practitioner) and
- Proficiency Based Administrator Certification (for those who train, supervise, manage and provide administrative oversight of Wraparound programs).
After successful completion of pre and post work and an examination, participants can achieve a two-year certification in an average of 6-12 months. Training is based on a proven, evidence-based and nationally-recognized case practice standards and criteria for conducting high fidelity Wraparound. The program covers all core competencies required to be a competent practitioner and proficient administrator.
As a National Wraparound Institute attendee, you will learn the core competencies to effectively lead the Wraparound care planning process:
- The principles, values, outcomes, and benefits of Wraparound
- Proven strategies for effective youth and family engagement
- Youth and Families as partners
- Culturally sensitive and competent care planning
- The role and strategies to access, build and incorporate informal supports
- Strategies and approaches to achieve positive outcomes in mandated systems
- How to enhance parental protective capacities using concrete tools and strategies to safely maintain children at home and in their community
- How to employ the Wraparound process in mandated systems with fidelity
- Understanding the role and importance of measuring and monitoring fidelity
- Advanced concepts for success and sustainability
- Responding to complex planning issues
- An introduction of staff orientation, development, coaching and supervision
- Hands on practical application, exercises, and case studies
The training is held twice annually in Melbourne Beach, Florida and can be delivered on site in your community upon request.
- Competency Based Wraparound Practitioner Certification Requirements
- Competency-Based Wraparound Practitioner: 2-Year Certification Submission Requirements
- Proficiency Based Wraparound Practitioner Certification Requirements
- Proficiency-Based Wraparound Administrator: 2-Year Certification Submission Requirements